The following images are a step-by-step guide on how I created Lagertha's bracers from Season 2 of the hit TV show Vikings.
1. I cut out the bracer pattern with EVA craft foam and then cut out the leather. I looked at source images of Lagertha for details and saw that she had five lacing holes, so I measured them out and punched them.
2. Lagertha's bracers also had a leather wrap around the edges, so I punched those holes as well.
3. Stain leather!
4. Wrap leather cording through top holes.
5. I was debating about using actual bronze sheets to create the top pieces, but I decided to make them out of leather instead! I could get more detail as well as include the spots (round nubs on the outer area) easily. I hammered the leather using a basic mallet to give it that great battle-worn look, stained the underneath with a black antique gel, and then painted the outer area with a metal-look bronze paint.
6. Coming together and adding the spots, which you can add randomly. There isn't a pattern.
7. Spots added! The look before rivetting together with bronze rivets.
8. FINAL! :-D